Campervan FAQ’s

What Identification is required to hire a campervan?

The main driver will need to provide one item of photo ID such as your driving licence and two items of ID with your current address such as a utility bill dated within 60 Days of the hire date. It is vital that we see both parts of your driving licence (UK only). If you are adding an additional driver we also need to see their full licence. You must provide the requested ID before a vehicle can be released to you. If you are unsure what to bring please check with us.

You must bring the above documentation as failure to do so may invalidate your hire.

What is a Volkswagen California like to drive ?

Our campervans are extremely comfortable and operate exactly the same as any family car with many of the refinements found in more expensive models. With responsive engines and car-like agility you can park them in a standard car parking space. They are less than five meters long and under 2 metres high so you can also access most parking areas including some underground and multi story car parks. The campervans also have three point seat belts, air bags and seating systems that comply with UK and European safety standards, TUV tested and compliant. Given the elevated driving position the visibility is very good and combined with efficient engines, power steering, ABS and traction control they are highly maneuverable and some of the safest campervans manufactured.

Will someone show us how everything works?

Yes, when you come to collect your campervan you will receive a full demonstration from a member of the team. We’ll show you all the necessary controls before you drive away. You’ll also have the manufacturers handbook offering further details if you need it along with our helpline number.

On the day of collection, we recommend you arrive 30 minutes early so we can show you your campervan and complete the necessary paperwork.

What is your smoking policy?

For the comfort of everyone we operate a strict No Smoking policy in the campervans, charges will apply for damages or cleaning as result of smoking.

Can I leave my vehicle with you?

We have space for you to leave your own vehicle.

Do I need holiday insurance; can I cancel my booking or get a refund ?

It is recommended that you take out travel and possessions insurance incase of any unforeseen event that might have an impact on your holiday. Please make sure that you arrange adequate travel insurance to cover you if you have to cancel or cut short your holiday or are forced to change your plans.

Unfortunately booking deposits are non-refundable and we cannot reimburse you if your holiday is cut short. If you have paid in full and cancel prior to departure please contact us immediately, part refunds may be available subject to the length of notice given.