If you’re looking for rural activities near Edinburgh, Scotland, there are plenty of options to explore. Here are some ideas which you could tie in with your Easicampers motorhome hire
- Hiking in the Pentland Hills: Located just south of Edinburgh, the Pentland Hills Regional Park offers a network of scenic trails and hills to explore. Enjoy hiking, nature walks, and panoramic views of the surrounding countryside.
- Visit Roslin Glen Country Park: Situated in the village of Roslin, a short drive from Edinburgh, this park features woodland trails, a beautiful river gorge, and the famous Rosslyn Chapel, known for its intricate carvings and connections to the Knights Templar.
- Horseback Riding in East Lothian: Experience the countryside on horseback with various equestrian centers and riding schools located in East Lothian. Take guided rides through picturesque landscapes and enjoy the peacefulness of the rural surroundings.
- Cycling in the Borders: If you’re a cycling enthusiast, head to the Scottish Borders region, located south of Edinburgh. It offers a range of scenic cycling routes, including the Tweed Cycleway, which follows the River Tweed through picturesque countryside and charming villages.
- Wildlife Watching in the Firth of Forth: Take a boat trip from South Queensferry to explore the Firth of Forth, an estuary known for its diverse marine and birdlife. Look out for seals, puffins, dolphins, and various seabirds while enjoying the stunning coastal scenery.
- Golfing in East Lothian: East Lothian is renowned for its world-class golf courses. Tee off at courses like Muirfield, Gullane, or North Berwick, which offer challenging play and breathtaking coastal views.
- Pick-Your-Own Fruit Farms: During the summer and autumn months, you can visit pick-your-own fruit farms near Edinburgh. Enjoy a fun day outdoors, picking strawberries, raspberries, apples, and other seasonal fruits.
- Visit Historic Castles: Explore the rich history of Scotland by visiting some of the country’s magnificent castles. Rosslyn Castle, Dirleton Castle, and Tantallon Castle are all within easy reach of Edinburgh and offer fascinating insights into Scotland’s past.
- Farm Visits: Discover working farms in the rural areas surrounding Edinburgh. Some farms offer guided tours, allowing you to interact with animals, learn about traditional farming practices, and enjoy farm-fresh produce.
- Fishing in the Rivers and Lochs: If you enjoy fishing, there are several rivers and lochs near Edinburgh where you can try your luck. The River Tweed, River Tyne, and various lochs in the Scottish Borders and East Lothian provide opportunities for trout and salmon fishing.
Remember to check local regulations, weather conditions, and any necessary permits or permissions before engaging in specific activities. Enjoy exploring the beautiful rural landscapes around Edinburgh!
For more details on Easicampers in Edinburgh contact us on the following ways
By phone 0044 (0)131 322 6597 or 0044 (0)1942 821080
By email on email@example.com or Edinburgh@easicampers.com
Visit or dedicated motorhome and camapervan website https://easicampervanhire.com/campervan-hire-edinburgh-airport/