Campervan Collection Procedure
Please proceed to the bus pickup area outside arrivals and take the Hotel bus marked Crowne Plaza
South Terminal: Bus stop number 9
North Terminal: Bus stop number 8
Campervan Branch Address
c/o Crowne Plaza London Gatwick
Tel: 0800 688 9869
Hire a campervan from Gatwick and take a trip to Cornwall
Cornwall is UK’s No1 Holiday Destination so it’s well worth a visit. Hire one of our Easirent Campervans from our Gatwick Branch and travel to Cornwall. Its mild climate all year round and picturesque rural/costal settings is one of the many reasons as to why Cornwall is such a popular Holiday Destination.
Surrounded by folklore and legends of old, Cornwall has plenty to see as well as exciting and fun activities to try, ranging from Theme Parks and water sports to beautiful harbours and cliff top theatres.
• Beach/Water Sports – Over 100 beaches to be enjoyed which offer the UK’s best water based activities such as Surfing, Canoeing and Sailing.
• Flambards Theme Park – Step back in time to life in Victorian times.
• The Eden Project – Home of the largest Rainforest in captivity and the world’s largest greenhouse.
• St Ives Harbour/Tate galle – Steeped in History, Art and culture.
• Tintagel Castle/Cliffs – Wild and unspoilt cliff tops and the ruined Castle are said to be the birth place of King Arthur.
• St Michael’s Mount – A fairytale island of the coast of Penzance which is home to an exotic garden, ancient harbour and medival Castle.
• Minack Theatre – Cornwalls famous open air theatre set in the cliffs of Penzance.
• Misc – Flower Shows, Food Festivals, Walks, shopping etc
Here I have compiled a couple Campsites in the surrounding areas for your campervan hire trip. Padstow Touring Park, Carnon Downs Caravan Park, Court Farm Caravan & Camping Park and Ayr Holiday Park. All open all year round and fairly priced.
If you’d like any information on our EasiCampervans or to book one, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at Easirent Gatwick.
Renting a Campervan from Gatwick Airport
It is an old cliché, hitting the open road and leaving your cares behind. The modern day reality is somewhat different. We can’t escape too far without congested traffic and the mobile phone is always on. Although Easirent can’t help you with the mobile phone (you could always turn it off!) hiring a campervan from Easirent at Gatwick Airport means you don’t have to go very far to enjoy a fantastic holiday. It may seem hard to believe but a stones throw from one of Europe’s busiest airports is some of England’s most beautiful countryside. There are stunning chalk cliffs plunging into the sea; quaint historical towns; sophisticated restaurants; fashionable nightclubs and great shopping to boot. Not even mentioning London less than 30 miles away.
London may not seem an obvious choice of destination for travellers in a campervan, but in fact a campervan is one of the best ways to visit the capital without spending vast sums of money. There are five permanent camping and caravan sites within the M25 and more open during the summer season. The sites offer a rural setting within the city landscape with direct trains and or buses into central London. These sites are a well kept secret for those who want to enjoy all that London has to offer but not pay London prices for accommodation.
London is only the start to your adventures when you hire a campervan from Easirent. If you like the rural life, drive away from Gatwick and it is hard to avoid stunning countryside. There are the South Downs National Park, the High Weald Area of Outstanding Beauty and the Surrey Hills surrounding the local area. All of these and then you get to the sea!
The Southern Coastline has beaches of course but offers an eclectic mixture of sleepy English towns and vibrant cultural centres. Brighton is well worth a visit from the fabulous shopping in the Lanes, the great variety of restaurants and clubs. Not to be forgotten here is a traditional attraction of the British seaside, a pier with its fish and chips and arcade.
If you find Brighton too busy, head towards Eastbourne, which claims to be the sunniest place in the UK. From here you can visit Beachy Head with its dramatic chalk sea cliffs and famous lighthouse. If the sea isn’t your thing head west to the historic town of Arundel, complete with its own castle commanding the town. From Arundel, Chichester will be on your doorstep and beyond to Portsmouth and the Isle of Wight.
Renting a campervan from Easirent at Gatwick will only present you with one problem. How to do everything there is to offer and get the campervan back on time!
London Campervan Tour from Easirent Gatwick Airport
How do you fancy going on a Campervan Holiday Hire around London? If you do… then this is one for you.
Hire your Campervan from our Easirent Gatwick Branch. Then make your way around a few Campsites in the London area…. Crystal Palace Caravan Club being one of them.
In an ideal location to easily get to the heart of London. The number 3 bus near the caravan park departs regularly and goes into London via Brixton, Lambeth Bridge, Trafalgar Square and Piccadilly Circus which terminates on Oxford Street. The bus operates all through the night, so the late night theatre goers need not worry about returning to site before a certain time.
As well as London itself the site is ideally situated for annual events such as:
• Ideal Home Exhibition
• The London to Brighton mini run
• The London Marathon
• The Chelsea Flower show
• Christmas and New Year events.
If you are not to fussed about London there are plenty of pubs, shops and restaurants all within walking distance of the Caravan Park. The large park next door still displays the ruins of the iconic Crystal Palace which unfortunately burnt down in 1936. The local museum open at weekends is well worth a visit to see pictures of the Palace as it was.Also within the park are Paxton’s dinosaurs surrounding a lovely boating lake, plus a national sports centre complete with a public swimming pool, play area and maze. It is also an ideal venue for cycling and walking.
If you’d like any information on our Easirent Campervans or to book one, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at Easirent Gatwick.
Hire one of our Easirent Campervans from our Gatwick Depot and travel the UK this Autumn.
Yellow and brown-coloured countryside, beautiful roads covered by a mantle of leaves and quiet landscapes to admire under the warmth of a soft, cosy blanket… sounds perfect, doesn’t it?
These are just some of the reasons make autumn a lovely time to get off the beaten track and enjoy a short break around the UK. By providing all the comforts of home together with the flexibility and freedom of a car, campervan hire is a great way to tour England.
To give you some inspiration when planning your trip, I have put together 5 free (or great value) events taking place in England this autumn. From outdoor sports to Guy Fawkes carnivals, you will certainly find the activity that suits your taste.
1. Rugby World Cup (18 September – 30 October) – Yes, I know, this article is about free or cheap activities in England and tickets for the 2015 RWC might not be that cheap at the moment. However, I can’t miss this unique event from my list. Whether you are attending the matches or not, there are plenty of economical ways for the most dedicated to experience the Rugby World Cup. Travel independently around the Rugby World Cup events whilst exploring the main tourist attractions on your way. Feel the rugby vibes around the match venues, share the excitement with your compatriots and raise a pint to your team. Supporting your national team this Rugby World Cup is easy, cheap and convenient thanks to your campervan!
2. Dursley Walking Festival (1 – 4 October) – For another year, the quaint town of Dursley – halfway between Gloucester and Bristol, hosts a festival for hiking-lovers on the first weekend of October. Located on the Cotswold Way National Trail, Dursley’s natural surroundings provide a stunning background for the local walks. Point your campervan westwards from our London Gatwick depot and take part in this outdoor festival where you can admire the wonderful views of the River Severn or the Forest of Dean or the Malvern Hills. Alter hiking, why not relax on board your Easirent camper? Cook warm dinner, stretch out your legs and take a sleep in your cosy bed until the next stage of the Walking Festival.
3. Riverside Beer and Folk Festival (2 – 4 October) – If walking is not your thing, North Devon is home to the Riverside Beer and Folk Festival. With over 17 bands and economical pitches to hook your camper up, this event is undoubtedly a fun alternative to a regular camping holiday. Weekend festival prices for the whole family start from only £85, which includes grass pitch, live entertainment, a charity donation and an amazing experience surrounded by the most beautiful scenery.
4. Peak District Fair and Beer Festival (10 – 11 October) – Set against a backdrop of stunning scenery, the Great Peak District Fair and Buxton Beer Festival hosts over 100 indoor and outdoor stalls and a wide range of activities suitable for all the family. After tasting the best of the local produce and some pints of artisan beer and cider, what about experiencing some action-packed adventure at the National Park? Take all your equipment on board your camper and park up at one of the nearby campsites. From air to land, from rock to water, enjoy days of cycling, windsurfing, climbing, fishing, riding, caving or paragliding, amongst other exciting activities.
5. Lewes Bonfire Celebrations (5 November) – Drive your Easirent campervan towards the town of Lewes to attend the UK’s largest Guy Fawkes Night festivities. With impressive parades, bonfires and firework displays, over 80 000 visitors are expected to attend this celebration each year. Described as “a head-on collision of Halloween and Mardi Gras”, both children and adults will enjoy this night of flames, lights and coloured costumes that marks the uncovering of the Gunpowder Plot.
So, with this packed calendar, what are you waiting for? Hire a practical, comfortable Easirent campervan