How to hire/ rent your camper or motorhome
Freephone Our Hire Desk 0800 688 9869 today! You have a couple of options to arrive to our Greater Manchester location: We are only two hours away from Central London by train, alternatively some hirers choose to fly into Manchester Airport (MAN) as we operate a “meet and greet” from this Airport.
Explore the magnificent South Coast in your Stansted Campervan Hire
This glorious area ranges from the beating heart of English countryside, to the busy, crowded city streets.
1. My first location for you is the City of Dover, situated a few hours away from the airport. I promise you will instantly fall in love with the world renowned ‘White Cliffs of Dover’ which reach up to 350 feet in height. With this amazing natural wonder, you’ll love every second. Also there are campsites less than 20 minutes away.
2. The next location I have for you is Brighton. After recently being voted in the Top 10 City beach world destinations, the iconic beachfront, featuring the famous Brighton Pier, in itself is a reason to visit. You can also experience everything Brighton has to offer by visiting the quirky (and sometimes strange) cafés within the city. Brighton is also surrounded by tons of basic and luxury campsites for you to park up for the night.
3. Surfs up in Cornwall! This destination is perfect for couples looking for a romantic weekend getaway or even friends looking to do a bit of surfing. Surfing is an essential past time in Cornwall and a great way to make the most of Cornwall’s amazing beaches. Cornwall’s Watergate Bay was also recently voted the #1 surfing location in the UK by the Guardian.
4. Located in the ‘middle of nowhere’, Exford is always a gorgeous area of English Countryside. Surrounded by award winning natural parks and nature reserves, it is perfect for a relaxing laid back break. Why not try some of the historic pubs award winning locally brewed beer?
5. My final destination is Oxford. This family friendly city is perfect for rounding off your trip. Journey back in time and lose yourself in the historical delights that Oxford has to offer. Explore the busy city or retreat back to tour Oxford Castle. You can also enjoy a totally unique English experience and go punting along the Oxford River. With just over an hour’s drive back to Stansted airport, this is an ideal location to end your journey.
If you’d like any information on our Easicampers Campervans or to book one, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at Easicampers Stansted.
Recommended Campervan Trip: The Germany Christmas Market
How about this for a trip with your loved ones.
Hire one of our Campervans for a week in December collecting from our Stansted Branch and jump on a ferry to the
Netherlands/Berlin and take yourselves on a ‘Bucket List’ trip to Germany. Venture down the Romantic Road to explore the Christmas Markets.
The markets below are listed from North to South along the Romantic Road:
• Würzburg Christmas Market – Viewed as one of the most atmospheric Christmas Markets in Germany and has a long history for hosting these Markets which stretch back several hundred years.
• Rothenburg ob der Tauber – Reiterlesmarkt. Known for its untouched medieval setting. Some complain of the Disney like feel.
• Dinkelsbühl Christmas Market: It is here that Christoph von Schmid wrote his famous Christmas carol “Ihr Kinderlein kommet” (O come little children).
• Nördlingen Market: With over 60 stalls this charming city will no doubt put you in the mood for Christmas.
• Augsburg Christkindlesmarkt: Best known and most unique are the angel performances. The Augsburg Christkindlesmarkt has been recorded in history for more than 500 years.
Generally speaking, a ‘Weihnachtsmarkt’ opens around midday and goes through to the early evening. A market normally consists of stalls selling Christmas ornaments and knick-knacks, as well as local handicrafts that would be suitable for presents, and not forgetting the traditional food and drink. Mulled wine (Glühwein) and spiced tea with rum are specialities for this time of year.
Why Germany Christmas Markets I hear you ask?! Well many other towns and cities in Europe have their own Christmas markets these days, but there is little to compare with the original German versions. And where could be more romantic to experience the typical pre-Christmas experience than in the historic settlements along the Romantic Road in one of our Campervans.
Why hire a campervan instead of staying at a Hotel? No one likes paying more for a holiday than they need to. It makes sense financially to combine the cost of your transport with your accommodation (do the maths and you’ll see that the cost of renting a car plus staying in a hotel is always more than expensive than hiring a motorhome). Plus, by having a full kitchen with you, you can save money by not having to buy all your meals and snacks from a minibar or restaurant. You will then have more of your holiday budget left.
I now want to go on this trip!! I’ve sold it to myself haha. It’s going on my bucket list for sure!!
Hire a campervan and visit Peewit Caravan Park
Peewit Caravan Park in Suffolk is just over an hour away from our Stansted EasiCampervan Branch.
The Caravan Park is situated just 900yds from Felixstowe’s 4 mile long seafront. It is an oasis of peace and tranquillity. Set in 13 acres of tree lined and landscaped parkland the site has welcomed touring and static caravans since 1965. It is Family owned and operated. Peewit Caravan Park provides a place for you to relax, at a location that is easy to get to, in an area with plenty to see and do – if you feel like it.
• Felixstowe – an Edwardian seaside town & promenade.
• Historic Landguard Fort & Felixstowe Museum.
• Landguard & Trimley Marshes Nature Reserves.
• Dock viewpoint area and cafe.
• Suffolk Heritage Coast
• Constable Country – Flatford Mill & the Stour Valley
• Sutton Who Ship Burial – National Trust Site
• Castles – Colchester, Framlingham, Orford.
• Woodbridge Town & Tide Mill
• Snape Maltings & Concert Hall
• River Cruises
• Birdwatching – Dunwich Heath, Minsmere, Trimley Marshes
• Golf Courses – Felixstowe Ferry, Ipswich Purdis Heath, Woodbridge, Waldringfield, Fynn Valley, Seckford
It’s a perfect spot if you’re after a Seaside holiday!
If you’d like any information on our EasiCampervans or to book one, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. For more info on the Caravan Park: http://peewitcaravanpark.co.uk/touring-caravans-tariffs.
Hire a Campervan from Easicampers Stanstead and take a 9 Day tour of France
Bonjour! Are you thinking of heading for France, to experience the coast, beautiful valleys, villages, the baguettes, wine & mountain ranges – France has it all and more. Check out my 9 day tour below.
Day 1 – Set out early to Dover in your hired Campervan from our Stansted Airport depot. Now before you hop on the ferry make sure you take some time to walk along the White Cliffs of Dover. These majestic cliffs are beautiful. After a 1 ½ hour trip on the ferry you are in France and over to Ameins for a first day stop, a cute little Northern France town.
Day 2 – After a good night’s rest it’s time for some driving. Take the motorways past the West of Paris, heading to the town of Blois, which is the next stop. Blois is a French village which sits on the Loire River and is the perfect first stop for starting to trip down the Loire Valley.
Day 3 – The Loire Valley is one of the most beautiful drives in France and in our expert opinion – the world! Today the drive from Blois through to Saumur takes in some of the best French Chateaux’s in the country, the majestic Loire River and some of the most beautiful little villages in France. If you are into the Chateaux’s then we recommend you visit Chambord, Amboise, Blois or Cheverney.
Day 4 and 5 – After a stopover in the lovely Saumur it’s time to head towards the coast and through the wine region of Bordeaux. Now whether you are a wine lover or enjoy the odd glass now and again, then this region is for you. World famous wines and a bargain basement price, just walk into the local supermarket and you will be confronted with a wall of wine but forget supermarkets when you can drive through, stop and taste. Head straight to Grande Dune de Pyla and the campsite panorama. At this campsite you will be next to Europe’s biggest sand dune – 105 metres tall! It is at this site I recommend some rest and relaxation, beach, sand dunes climbing and walking. The campsite is well set up amongst some tall pine trees right on the beach with excellent facilities.
Day 6 – After a relaxing stop at camping panorama it’s time to head back up to west coast towards La Rochelle – a cute little seaport town, very popular for tourists and history. If you get a chance then stop by the ile de re which is 30km outside La Rochelle (you will need to pay for the bridge to get over to the island) – lovely beaches and plenty of campsites.
Day 7 – Keep heading up North to the town of St Malo –another seaport town in the North Brittany. Famous for its Oysters it’s a perfect stop for a walk around the fortified city and next leg onto Mont St Michel.
Day 8 – From St.Malo head to Mont St Michel with over 3 million visitors a year, UNESCO listed this rocky tidal island and commune – not to be missed. It has a rich history having survived wars, dukes and Kings it stands alone in all its. After Mont St Michel it is time to visiting another historically significant area in Normandy – the D-Day beaches. Only 1 hour from the Mont, the beaches of Utah and Omaha where the Allies stormed the Western Front in 1944 to liberate France and turn the tide against the Nazi’s in World War 2. Here you will find fascinating museums which detail what happened on that famous day in history. At Omaha beach the enormity is never more apparent at the sacrifice than visiting the American cemetery and museum. You will see white crosses as far as the eye can see which words can do no justice. After the beaches it’s time to head to Chateau de Martragny. Set amongst some beautiful grounds.
Day 9 – Time to head back to Calais (3 ½ hour drive), hop on the ferry and back to Dover. Once at Dover it’s time to drive back to our Campervan Depot at Stansted Airport.
If you’d like any information on hiring one of our campervans or to book one, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at Easicampers Stansted.
October Half Term in Devon for a Halloween Festival!!
Here I have something a little different for a family half term holiday. Hire one of our campervans from our Stansted Depot and travel down to Devon for a spooky week away!
The Big Sheep are hosting a FUN BY DAY & SCARY BY NIGHT – HALLOWEEN FESTIVAL. It’s the South West’s BIGGEST and BEST Halloween Festival which promises to be the best yet! Enjoy the happy, fun side of Halloween at the “Fun by Day” Halloween and then the spooky side at the Scary by Night Festival. It’s being held from Saturday 24th October until Sunday 1st November 2015 it will be on daily 10am-6pm. With daytime attractions such as:
A Haunted Hayride, a spider rodeo ride, a Lakeside Train Ride, a Haunted House, Witches Flying School, Pumpkin Carving, Fancy Dress with Pumpkin Princess, FREE Face Painting, Singing Pumpkins, Ghost Bust, Haunted Gallery, Ewetopia Indoor Playground, Plus ALL the usual Sheepy Fun. A whole day out of live shows, animals, rides, indoor play and family entertainment.
For those after something much spookier there is a ‘SCARY BY NIGHT’ FRIGHT FEST from Thursday 29th to Saturday 31st October 2015 between 6:00pm – 10:00pm. The Fright Fest Devon Company will be taking over the BIG Sheep on the evenings. They have ramped up previous Halloween evening parties by several scare factors. Fright Fest is a collection of interactive scare experiences and are not for the faint hearted! Fright Fest is not recommended for children under 14 years old and parental discretion is advised. LIVE haunt attractions indicates that there will be scare actors involved in the fright experience. Only the brave and courageous should attend! 😉
With fright fest evening attractions such as: Carn-Evil of Chaos, Zombie Zone and The Deadly Sinster Haunted Hay. It promises to be a scary experience!!!! For the days you want a change of scenery from the Halloween Festival, Devon has an endless amount of attractions and activities for you to see and do from countryside to coastline, ancient ruins to modern shopping centres, adrenalin packed activities to craft shops it’s perfect for families or couples, no one will be bored!!
There are plenty of places for you to stay in your campervan. When you’re dreaming of idyllic campsites in Devon, you picture your first morning cuppa: sipping it in the peace of the great outdoors, taking in wonderful views. Well, imagine enjoying that cuppa on the beach, with waves lapping at your toes. Sound good? Thought so.
I’ve put together a list of some of my favourite Devon campsites that are so near the beach that it’ll practically be your living area.
· Ladram Bay Holiday Park, Budleigh Salterton
· Leonards Cove, Dartmouth
· Ruda Holiday Park, Croyde
· Salcombe Regis Camping and Caravan Park, Sidmouth
· North Morte Farm Caravan and Camping Park, Mortehoe
· Leadstone Camping, Dawlish
If you’d like any information on hiring one of our Campervans or to book one, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at Easicampers Stansted.