The Highlands of Scotland are a beautiful and rugged area that offer a wide range of activities and attractions for visitors. One great way to explore the region is by renting a motorhome from Easicampers in Edinburgh. With a motorhome, you have the freedom to travel at your own pace and visit the many different areas of the Highlands without having to worry about finding a place to stay each night.
When planning your trip, there are several key things to keep in mind. The first is that the weather in the Highlands can be unpredictable, so it is important to pack accordingly. Be sure to bring warm clothing, waterproof gear, and sturdy walking shoes.
Another important thing to keep in mind is that the Highlands are a very rural area, and services can be limited. Make sure to plan your route and stops in advance, and be sure to fill up with gas and stock up on supplies whenever you can.
Once you are on the road, there are many different places to visit in the Highlands. Some of the most popular destinations include:
- Loch Ness: This famous loch is home to the legendary Loch Ness Monster and is a popular spot for boat tours and monster-spotting.
- The Isle of Skye: This island is known for its rugged beauty and is home to many different types of wildlife, including eagles and otters.
- The Cairngorms National Park: This park is home to a wide range of outdoor activities, including hiking, skiing, and wildlife watching.
- The West Coast: This area is known for its stunning coastal scenery and is a popular spot for fishing, kayaking, and dolphin watching.
- The Orkney Islands: These islands are located off the northeastern coast of Scotland and are home to a wide range of historical and cultural sites, including ancient stone circles and Viking settlements.
In addition to these destinations, there are many other interesting places to visit throughout the Highlands, including small villages and towns, historic sites, and local distilleries.
When it comes to finding places to stay overnight, there are many different options available, including campsites, RV parks, and even wild camping. Some popular camping spots include:
- Glencoe: This area is known for its stunning mountain scenery and is home to several different campsites.
- The Black Isle: This area is located just north of Inverness and is home to several different campsites and RV parks.
- The Orkney Islands: These islands are home to a wide range of different campsites, including some that are located on the beach.
Overall, the Highlands of Scotland are a beautiful and diverse region that offer something for everyone. Whether you’re interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, there is something for you to enjoy. Renting a motorhome from Easicampers in Edinburgh is a great way to explore the region, as it allows you to travel at your own pace and see everything the Highlands have to offer.
To book one of our fantastic motorhomes for a tour of the magical Scottish Highlands contact us on 01942 778899 or visit our dedicated website on https://easicampervanhire.com/campervan-hire-edinburgh-airport/