FAQs for Campervans & Motorhomes

Which licence do I need to drive motorhome/ campervan with Easicampers?

Category B licence is suitable. Category C is not required.

UK, ALL EU, Canada, Australia, Thailand, Malaysia, New Zealand, South Africa, Singapore, China, Taiwan, Japan, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Hong Kong, Israel and UAE.

How do I operate the features and on-board appliances?

A member of the Easicampers team will show you how to operate all the appliances on the day of collection!

What insurance option do I have?

Fiat Toleno L 2 Berth, VW California Ocean, Auto-trail Tribute 669 4 Berth

– Standard cover: no excess reduction
– Saver cover: will REDUCE your liability to £650
– Secure cover: will REDUCE your liability to £325

Ford Zefiro 675 6 Berth, Auto-trail Tribute T615 4 Berth

– Standard cover: no excess reduction
– Saver cover: reduce your liability to £1000
– Secure cover: reduce your liability to £500

What is your picking up and dropping off hours?

Pick up between: 14:00pm-17:00pm
Drop off between: 8:00am-10:00am

What is your minimum hire age?

30 years is the minimum hire age

What is your maximum hire age?

70 years is the maximum hire age

Can I travel with my pets?

Yes, we allow pets to travel in our motorhomes. This involves additional charge of £50 GBP.

Where should I stay when travelling in one of your vehicles?

We always recommend to stay in secure campsites for your own safety and your own comfort due to access to the electricity, water etc. Please visit this websites for more information and list of recommendable campsites in Scotland, England and Wales https://www.campsites.co.uk/

How frequent is the shuttle bus service at Edinburgh Airport?

Our shuttle bus service operates every 15-20 minutes from stance 7. The shuttle bus is operated by Low Cost Parking.

Is bedding included in the rental?

Bedding is not included in the hire. You need to purchase your bedding set separately.

Can I drive your campers to a festival?

Yes, of course you can drive our vehicles to festivals. It is absolutely the best and most convenient mode of travelling to the festivals around the UK and also in the Europe.

What is included in the hire?

You have a free cutlery and cookery included in the hire. Also our minimum insurance and toilet chemicals are included in the hire.

How many people can sleep in your vehicles?

Tolento L – up to 2 people
VW California – up to 4 people
Tribute 669 – up to 4 people
Auto Trail T615 – up to 4 people
Ford Zefiro 675 – up to 6 people

Is there in Easicampers minimum hire period required?

Our minimum hire period is 3 days. During high demand season ie June / July we may increase the minimum hire period.

Is there a fuel policy?

You will collect your vehicle with the certain level of fuel and you need to return it with the same level of fuel.

The fuel level in the vehicle will match the fuel level left in the vehicle by the previous customer.

What are the motorhome speed limits in the UK?

70 mph is permitted on motorways for all our motorhomes. Some of our motorhomes have a “Speed limiter” installed meaning 70 mph is the maximum speed you can travel on motorways.

How I am going to know how to use the campervan/motorhome?

Please don’t worry! A member of our staff will explain all the controls and functions of your rental vehicle.

How long does it take for the collection and drop off process?

We would recommend you to leave approximately 1 hour on your arrival and 1 hour on your departure for us to do all checks and to complete the paperwork.

What is the standard equipment for each of your rental vehicles?

– Kettle
– Tea towels
– Frying pan
– Sauce pan
– Colander
– Cooking utensils
– Vegetable knife
– Bread knife
– Dinner plates
– Side plates
– Bowls
– Cutlery set
– Mugs
– Glasses
– Salt/pepper

Can I take my vehicle to Europe?

Easicampers do not permit travel outside of the UK.