When visiting Scotland hire a Easicampers motorhome, you’ll have the opportunity to explore the rich history, stunning architecture, and vibrant atmosphere of Scotland’s capital city. Here are the top 10 places to visit in the nations capital city:
- Edinburgh Castle: Perched atop Castle Rock, Edinburgh Castle is an iconic landmark that offers breathtaking views of the city. Explore its fascinating history, including the Royal Palace, the Crown Jewels, and the Stone of Destiny.
- Royal Mile: Stroll along the historic Royal Mile, which stretches from Edinburgh Castle to the Palace of Holyroodhouse. This bustling street is lined with shops, restaurants, and fascinating attractions, including St. Giles’ Cathedral and the Real Mary King’s Close.
- Holyrood Palace and Holyrood Park: Visit the official residence of the British monarch in Scotland, the magnificent Holyrood Palace. Explore the opulent rooms and admire the beautiful gardens. Adjacent to the palace is Holyrood Park, where you can hike up Arthur’s Seat, an ancient volcano, for panoramic views of the city.
- The Scottish Parliament: Located in Holyrood, the Scottish Parliament building is a modern architectural marvel. Take a guided tour to learn about Scotland’s political system and its history.
- Calton Hill: Climb Calton Hill for another incredible viewpoint overlooking the city. This historic hill is dotted with iconic landmarks, including the National Monument, the Nelson Monument, and the Dugald Stewart Monument.
- The National Museum of Scotland: Immerse yourself in Scotland’s rich history and culture at the National Museum of Scotland. Discover fascinating exhibits ranging from natural history to Scottish heritage and archaeology.
- The Royal Yacht Britannia: Head to the Port of Leith and visit the Royal Yacht Britannia, the former royal yacht of Queen Elizabeth II. Explore the beautifully preserved vessel and learn about its royal history.
- The Royal Botanic Garden: Escape the city buzz and relax in the tranquility of the Royal Botanic Garden. Explore its stunning collection of plants, including tropical palms, alpine flora, and the iconic glasshouses.
- National Galleries of Scotland: Art enthusiasts should not miss a visit to the National Galleries of Scotland. Explore the Scottish National Gallery, the Scottish National Portrait Gallery, and the Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art, which house exceptional collections of art from various periods.
- The Scotch Whisky Experience: Complete your visit to Edinburgh with a whisky tasting experience. Learn about Scotland’s national drink and sample a variety of whiskies at the Scotch Whisky Experience.
When traveling in a motorhome, be sure to plan your parking and accommodation in advance. There are several motorhome-friendly campsites and parking facilities available in and around Edinburgh.
Enjoy your motorhome adventure with Easicampers, and immerse yourself in the city’s history, culture, and captivating attractions!
Phone us 0044 (0)131 322 6597 or 0044 (0)1942 821080
Email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org