The Isle of Wight is a beautiful destination to visit in an Easicampers motorhome from the team in Wigan. Here are some places you might enjoy.
Now bear in mind its a few hours from Wigan to the Isle of Wight and with collection at 2pm you may want to book in on a campsite on your way down.
You will also need to bear in mind the timings of the ferry crossing’s to the island.
The ferry departs from Portsmouth harbour and its better to check which ferry is suitable for your motorhome. Visit https://www.directferries.co.uk/isle_of_wight for details on crossings.
- Osborne House: This former residence of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert is a must-visit. The house and its grounds are beautifully maintained and offer stunning views of the Solent.
- The Needles: These iconic chalk stacks on the western tip of the island are a popular attraction. You can take a chairlift down to the beach, explore the nearby Old Battery, or take a boat trip around the rocks.
- Ventnor Botanic Garden: This garden is home to a wide variety of plants, many of which are rare or exotic. The gardens are set in a sheltered valley, and there are several walking trails to explore.
- Carisbrooke Castle: This historic castle was a prison for Charles I during the English Civil War. You can tour the castle, walk along the ramparts, and see the donkeys who work the historic treadwheel.
- Isle of Wight Steam Railway: This heritage railway runs between Wootton and Smallbrook Junction, and offers a charming way to see the island’s countryside.
- Yarmouth: This picturesque town on the western side of the island is a popular destination for tourists. It has a historic pier, a castle, and several independent shops and cafes.
- Shanklin Chine: This natural gorge is a peaceful oasis on the east coast of the island. You can walk through the chine and admire the waterfalls and wildlife, or stop for a cream tea at the cafe.
- Alum Bay: This scenic beach on the west coast of the island is famous for its colourful sands. You can take a boat trip from here to see the Needles up close.
These are just a few of the many attractions that the Isle of Wight has to offer. With your motorhome from Easicampers Wigan, you’ll have the flexibility to explore the island at your own pace and discover your own favourite spots.