A motorhome trip around the Kelpies is a fantastic way to explore the Scottish countryside and experience one of the country’s most iconic landmarks. The Kelpies are a pair of 30-metre-high horse-head sculptures located in Falkirk, Scotland, which represent the mythical creatures from Scottish folklore.
To start your motorhome trip, you can rent a motorhome from the Easicampers branch in Edinburgh. Once you have your motorhome, you can head towards Falkirk, which is approximately 20 miles from the Edinburgh branch which is located in the Broxburn area 15 minutes from the airport.
The Kelpies are located at The Helix, which is a 350-hectare parkland that has various walking and cycling routes, picnic areas, and a large play area for children. You can park your motorhome at The Helix car park and start exploring the park and the Kelpies.
One of the best ways to explore The Helix is on foot or by bicycle. You can rent bicycles from the park’s visitor centre and cycle around the park, taking in the stunning views of the Kelpies and the surrounding countryside. There are also many walking trails in the park, including the Kelpies Trail, which takes you around the sculptures and provides information about their history and construction.
After exploring The Helix, you can head towards the nearby town of Falkirk, which has many attractions to explore. You can visit the Falkirk Wheel, which is a rotating boat lift that connects the Forth and Clyde Canal with the Union Canal, and take a boat trip along the canal.
You can also visit the Antonine Wall, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and was once the northernmost frontier of the Roman Empire. The wall stretches for 37 miles and has many points of interest, including forts and Roman baths.
There are several campsites in and around the Falkirk area. Here are a few options:
- Beecraigs Country Park: Located just outside of Linlithgow, Beecraigs Country Park has a campsite with pitches for tents, caravans, and motorhomes. The park also has plenty of walking and cycling trails, as well as a fishing pond.
- Loch House Farm Caravan Park: Situated near the town of Linlithgow, Loch House Farm Caravan Park has pitches for caravans, motorhomes, and tents. The park is set in a peaceful countryside location and has a fishing pond on-site.
- The Wheel Caravan Park: This campsite is located near the Falkirk Wheel, a popular tourist attraction. The Wheel Caravan Park has pitches for tents, caravans, and motorhomes, and is surrounded by beautiful countryside.
- Muiravonside Country Park: This park has a campsite with pitches for tents, caravans, and motorhomes. Muiravonside Country Park is situated on the banks of the River Avon and has plenty of walking trails and wildlife to explore.
- Callendar Park Caravan Site: This campsite is located within Callendar Park, in the heart of Falkirk. The site has pitches for caravans and motorhomes, and is close to the town center and all its amenities.
These are just a few of the campsites in the Falkirk area. It’s always a good idea to check availability and make a reservation in advance, especially during peak season.
For more details on motorhome hire contact the Edinburgh Easicampers branch
By Phone 0044 (0)131 322 6597 or 0044 (0)1942 821080
By email email@example.com or Edinburgh@easicampers.com
Visit our website https://easicampervanhire.com/campervan-hire-edinburgh-airport/