The Lake District is a popular holiday destination in the north-west of England and a great place to explore in a Easicampers motorhome from our Wolverhampton depot . Here are some of the most popular things to see and do:
- Windermere – The largest lake in England, Windermere is surrounded by beautiful scenery and is popular for boating, fishing, and walking.
- Coniston Water – This lake is famous for its beautiful scenery, as well as its links to the writer and conservationist John Ruskin.
- Ullswater – Another beautiful lake, Ullswater is surrounded by picturesque villages and rolling hills, making it a great place for a leisurely stroll.
- Keswick – A bustling market town with a variety of shops, cafes, and restaurants, Keswick is also the starting point for many of the best walks in the Lake District.
- The Beatrix Potter Gallery – This charming museum is dedicated to the life and work of the famous children’s author and illustrator, who lived and worked in the Lake District for much of her life.https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/visit/lake-district/beatrix-potter-gallery-and-hawkshead
- Dove Cottage – The former home of the poet William Wordsworth, Dove Cottage is now a museum dedicated to his life and work, and is surrounded by beautiful gardens.
- Grasmere – A charming village famous for its gingerbread and for being the birthplace of Wordsworth’s daffodils poem.
- The Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway – Take a ride on this heritage steam railway, which runs through the picturesque Eskdale Valley.
- Tarn Hows – A beautiful tarn surrounded by rolling hills, Tarn Hows is a popular spot for picnicking and walking.
- The Honister Slate Mine – Take a tour of this historic slate mine, which has been producing slate for over 400 years.
- The World of Beatrix Potter Attraction – This interactive attraction is a must-visit for fans of Beatrix Potter, and features many of her famous characters brought to life.
- Derwentwater – Another of the lakes in the Lake District, Derwentwater is surrounded by mountains and is a popular spot for boating, fishing, and walking.
- Castlerigg Stone Circle – One of the oldest stone circles in Britain, Castlerigg is a fascinating ancient monument set in a beautiful location.
- St Bees Head – Take a walk along the stunning coastal path at St Bees Head, which offers breathtaking views out to sea.
- Muncaster Castle – Explore this historic castle, set in the beautiful Eskdale Valley, which is said to be one of the most haunted in England. https://www.muncaster.co.uk/castle-gardens/castle
Whether you’re looking for a peaceful place to relax, an adventurous outdoor experience, or a fascinating cultural experience, the Lake District has something to offer everyone. So pack your Easicampers motorhome from Wolverhampton and start exploring this great county.
Contact our depot on 01902 491999 or visit or dedicated website at https://easicampervanhire.com/campervan-hire-wolverhampton/