Exploring Lancaster in a Easicamper’s campervan is a great way to discover the history, culture, and natural beauty of this charming city in Lancashire, England. Here are some tips to make the most of your campervan trip to Lancaster:
- Campsite or Motorhome Park: Look for campsites or motorhome parks near Lancaster that are suitable for your needs. Moss Wood Caravan Park and Redwell Fisheries Caravan Park are popular options in the area. Make sure to check availability and book your spot in advance, especially during peak seasons.
- Lancaster Castle: Begin your visit by exploring Lancaster Castle, a medieval fortress that offers a glimpse into the city’s history. Take a guided tour to learn about the castle’s past, visit the prison cells, and enjoy panoramic views of the city from the tower.
- Lancaster City Centre: Park your motorhome and take a stroll through Lancaster’s city center. Discover the charming streets lined with Georgian and Victorian architecture, visit independent shops, cafes, and explore the city’s vibrant market.
- Lancaster Cathedral: Pay a visit to Lancaster Cathedral, an impressive place of worship with stunning architecture and beautiful stained glass windows. Take some time to admire the peaceful atmosphere and the cathedral’s intricate details.
- Lancaster Maritime Museum: Learn about Lancaster’s maritime history at the Lancaster Maritime Museum. Discover the city’s connection to the sea, explore exhibitions on shipbuilding, fishing, and the Lancaster Canal, which runs through the city.
- Williamson Park: Enjoy the natural beauty of Williamson Park, located just outside the city center. This expansive park offers stunning views of the surrounding countryside, a butterfly house, and the iconic Ashton Memorial, a grand Edwardian building worth visiting.
- Lancaster Canal: Take a leisurely stroll along the Lancaster Canal or even hire a canal boat to explore the tranquil waterway. The canal offers scenic views, and you can stop at quaint villages along the route, such as Carnforth or Garstang.
- Morecambe Bay: Just a short drive from Lancaster, you’ll find the stunning Morecambe Bay, known for its expansive sandy beaches and beautiful sunsets. Take a walk along the promenade, visit the Eric Morecambe Statue, and breathe in the fresh sea air.
- Forest of Bowland: If you’re looking for outdoor adventures, venture into the nearby Forest of Bowland, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Enjoy scenic drives, hiking trails, and discover picturesque villages nestled in the countryside.
Remember to check for any specific motorhome regulations or restrictions in the area and ensure you have the necessary facilities and amenities onboard for a comfortable stay. Enjoy your visit to Lancaster and embrace the city’s historical charm and natural surroundings!
For more details on our fantastic range of VW Campervans give us a shout
By phone on 01942 778899
By email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Visit our website on https://easicampervanhire.com/camper-van-hire-manchester-airport/