Loch Ness is a beautiful destination, and exploring it in a Easicmapers motorhome from the Edinburgh location can be a great way to experience the natural beauty of the area.
There are several campsites near Loch Ness where you can park your Easicampers Edinburgh motorhome and enjoy your stay. Here are a few options:
- Loch Ness Shores Camping and Caravanning Club Site: Located on the shores of Loch Ness near Foyers, this campsite offers stunning views of the loch. It has spacious pitches, modern facilities, and direct access to the beach.
- Inver Coille Campsite: Situated in Glenurquhart, this campsite is surrounded by trees and offers a tranquil setting. It’s just a short drive from Loch Ness and provides basic amenities for a comfortable stay.
- Loch Ness Bay Camping: Positioned on the south side of Loch Ness in the village of Whitebridge, this campsite offers panoramic views of the loch and mountains. It provides a range of facilities, including electric hook-ups, showers, and a shop.
- Cannich Caravan & Camping Park: Situated in Cannich, a village located close to Loch Ness, this campsite offers a peaceful environment and is an ideal base for exploring the surrounding area. It provides modern facilities and is surrounded by beautiful scenery.
When planning your visit to Loch Ness, it’s always a good idea to check the availability and specific amenities provided by each campsite, as they may vary. Additionally, be sure to follow any guidelines or regulations set by the campsite and respect the natural environment during your stay. Enjoy your time at Loch Ness!
Loch Ness(located 200 miles from our Edinburgh location) is a large freshwater lake located in the Scottish Highlands. While the lake is famous for the legend of the Loch Ness Monster, there are several other activities and attractions that visitors can enjoy in the area. Here are some popular activities around Loch Ness:
- Loch Ness Monster Sightings: Many visitors come to Loch Ness hoping to catch a glimpse of the elusive creature known as the Loch Ness Monster. While the existence of the creature is debated, you can join boat tours or visit observation points along the lake to keep an eye out for any unusual sightings.
- Boat Tours: Taking a boat tour on Loch Ness is a popular way to explore the lake and enjoy its scenic beauty. Several tour operators offer guided tours that provide historical information about the area while offering the chance to enjoy the stunning landscapes.
- Urquhart Castle: Located on the shores of Loch Ness, Urquhart Castle is a historic fortress that dates back to the 13th century. Visitors can explore the ruins of the castle, learn about its history, and enjoy panoramic views of the lake from its vantage points.
- Walks and Hikes: The surrounding area of Loch Ness offers beautiful trails and hiking opportunities. You can find various paths and routes that cater to different skill levels and preferences. These walks and hikes allow you to immerse yourself in the stunning Scottish scenery.
- Loch Ness Centre and Exhibition: For those interested in the history and mysteries of Loch Ness, the Loch Ness Centre and Exhibition is a great place to visit. The interactive displays and multimedia presentations provide information about the geological formation of the lake, the Loch Ness Monster legend, and the scientific exploration efforts.
- Water Activities: Loch Ness provides opportunities for various water activities. You can go kayaking, canoeing, or take a leisurely swim in designated areas. It’s important to note that the water can be quite cold, so appropriate precautions should be taken.
- Wildlife Watching: The Loch Ness area is home to diverse wildlife. Birdwatchers can spot various species of birds, including ospreys and golden eagles. Additionally, the surrounding forests and hills are inhabited by red deer and other native wildlife.
- Local Villages and Towns: Explore the charming villages and towns around Loch Ness, such as Drumnadrochit and Fort Augustus. These places offer quaint shops, restaurants, and pubs where you can experience the local culture and cuisine.
These are just a few examples of the activities you can enjoy around Loch Ness. Whether you’re interested in the mysterious legend, historical sites, outdoor adventures, or simply taking in the beautiful surroundings, Loch Ness has something to offer for every visitor.
For more details on Easicampers Edinburgh range of leisure vehicles
By phone 0044 (0)131 322 6597 and 0044 (0)1942 821080
Visit our website https://easicampervanhire.com/campervan-hire-edinburgh-airport/
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or Edinburgh@easicampers.com