Hiring a motorhome with young children and traveling to Scotland can be a great way to explore this beautiful country while enjoying the comfort and convenience of a home on wheels. Here’s a comprehensive guide to help you plan your trip:
Choosing a suitable motorhome:
- Size: Consider the size of your family and the amount of space you need for comfort and storage. A motorhome with a separate sleeping area for the children and a spacious living area is ideal.
- Features: Look for a motorhome that has features that are suitable for young children, such as safety belts, a microwave, and a fridge. Some motorhomes also have a TV and DVD player, which can be useful for entertainment on long journeys.
- Condition: Make sure the motorhome is well-maintained and in good working condition, as this will ensure a safe and comfortable journey.
Preparing for the trip:
- Planning your route: Scotland is a large country, and it’s important to plan your route in advance to ensure you make the most of your time there. Consider the road conditions and the size of your motorhome when planning your route.
- Packing: Pack plenty of food and drinks, as well as a first-aid kit, warm clothing, and any other essentials. Don’t forget to pack plenty of entertainment for the children, such as books, games, and toys.
- Check the weather: Scotland can be unpredictable, so make sure you check the weather forecast in advance and pack accordingly.
Places to visit in Scotland with young children:
- Edinburgh Castle: This historic castle is located in the heart of Edinburgh and offers stunning views of the city. There are also plenty of exhibitions and tours to enjoy.
- Glasgow Science Centre: This interactive science museum is a great place to learn and have fun.
- Loch Lomond: This is a stunning loch in the Scottish Highlands, surrounded by beautiful scenery and wildlife.
- The Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh: This large garden is home to a variety of plants and flowers, and there are plenty of walks and trails to explore.
- The Deep Sea World: This underwater aquarium is a great place to see a variety of marine life, including sharks, rays, and seahorses.
These are just a few of the many great places to visit in Scotland with young children. Plan ahead, research the best options for your trip, and make the most of your time there. And remember, safety should always be your top priority when traveling with young children, so make sure you take all necessary precautions and stay alert at all times.