If you’re planning a road trip around the NC500 with your family, a campervan rental from Easicampers can provide the perfect solution for your transportation and accommodation needs. In this guide, we’ll provide some tips and recommendations for planning a successful campervan trip around the NC500 with a family of four.
Choosing the Right Campervan
The first step in planning your campervan trip is choosing the right vehicle. Easicampers offers a variety of campervans for rent, so you’ll want to consider your specific needs when making your selection.
For a family of four, a four-berth campervan would be the most appropriate choice. This type of campervan typically includes a double bed and a bunk bed, which should be sufficient for a family with two children.
You’ll also want to consider the amenities that are included in the campervan. Easicampers offers motorhome’s with a range of amenities, including a kitchenette, a toilet and shower, and heating and air conditioning. Consider your family’s needs and preferences when selecting a campervan with the appropriate amenities.
Preparing for Your Trip
Once you’ve chosen your campervan, it’s time to start preparing for your trip. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Pack Light: Space in a campervan is limited, so pack only what you need. Stick to essentials like clothing, toiletries, and food. Remember, you can always buy groceries and other supplies along the way.
- Plan Your Route: The NC500 covers over 500 miles, so you’ll want to plan your route in advance to ensure you have enough time to see everything you want to see. Easicampers can provide you with maps and other resources to help you plan your route.
- Bring Entertainment: Road trips can be long and tiring, especially for children. Bring along some books, games, or other forms of entertainment to keep everyone occupied during the journey.
- Check the Weather: Scotland’s weather can be unpredictable, so be sure to check the forecast before you set off on your trip. Pack appropriate clothing and gear for any weather conditions you might encounter.
Exploring the NC500
The NC500 is a scenic route that offers plenty of opportunities to explore Scotland’s stunning landscapes, rich history, and vibrant culture. Here are some highlights of the NC500 that you won’t want to miss:
- Inverness: The starting point for the NC500, Inverness is a vibrant city that offers plenty of attractions for visitors. Explore historic landmarks like Inverness Castle and St. Andrew’s Cathedral, or take a stroll along the picturesque River Ness.
- The Black Isle: Just north of Inverness lies the Black Isle, a peninsula that’s home to charming villages, stunning beaches, and plenty of wildlife. Don’t miss the chance to spot dolphins, seals, and other marine life along the coast.
- The North Coast: The North Coast of Scotland is home to some of the country’s most breathtaking scenery, including the rugged cliffs of Cape Wrath, the sandy beaches of Durness, and the stunning mountains of Assynt.
- The Isle of Skye: A short detour off the NC500 takes you to the Isle of Skye, a mystical island that’s home to some of Scotland’s most iconic landmarks, including the Fairy Pools and the Old Man of Storr.
- Loch Ness: No trip to Scotland would be complete without a visit to Loch Ness, home of the legendary Loch Ness Monster. Take a boat tour of the loch, explore the surrounding countryside, or visit the historic Urquhart Castle.
For more information on our motorhomes in Edinburgh please contact the Main booking office on 01942 778899 or our Edinburgh office on 0131 322 6597 https://easicampervanhire.com/campervan-hire-edinburgh-airport/