DEFINITION OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
‘EASICAMPERVAN HIRE’ means Easicampervan hire owned by Jaybank Leisure Limited, 44 Queen Street, Wigan WN3 4HX.
‘DRIVER / HIRER’ means the person(s) nominated as the driver(s) under the RENTAL AGREEMENT. ‘Easicampervan’ means the vehicle under hire as described under the heading ‘Vehicle Details’ under the ‘Rental Agreement’ and includes tyres, tools, accessories, living equipment and any other special equipment, documents relating to the vehicle and any replacement or substitute vehicle provided by Easicampervan hire.
‘RENTAL AGREEMENT’ means the document read and signed by the hirer on collection and return of the vehicle. It includes details of ‘Customer’, ‘Vehicle Details’, ‘Rental Period’, ‘Collision Damage Waiver’, ‘Departure Checklist’.
– All prices quoted and charged in £ (GBP).
– Vehicles will not be released without full payment being received prior to collection.
– Credit & Debit cards must be in the name of the hirer.
– Full payment is required no later than 6 weeks before hire is due to commence. A deposit of £250 must be paid at time of booking. Please ring 01942 77 88 99 to pay your deposit and confirm your bookings (bookings will not be honoured without a deposit).
2. HIRE PERIOD
‘Hire Period’ refers to the dates agreed in the Rental Agreement.
– Rental is charged on a per day basis.
– Minimum rental is 4 days on all VW California & Motorhome bookings. Minimum 4 days hire will be applied to any bookings covering a Bank Holiday observed by UK.
– Minimum 7 days for all hires through glastonbury July, August , This also applies to school holiday dates & Glastonbury.
– All branches open 7 days per week. Collection between 14:00-17:00. No collections available after 17:00hrs. Return between 08:00am-10am. Any returns after 10am are charged £50 per hour. Any late returns must be advised to us immediately. Please note our Edinburgh branch is closed on Sundays meaning that no pick ups or drop offs are available on Sundays.
– Easicampervan hire reserves the right to increase the minimum rental period for certain events.
3. HIRE RATES INCLUDE
– Unlimited Mileage
– Full Kitchen kit, including utensils, pans, plates, bowls, mugs, tumblers
– Fully Comprehensive Insurance for one named driver aged 30 – 70 and holding a full driving licence for more than 2 years*
– Full Breakdown & Roadside Assistance within the UK**
– A full list of what is included in your campervan/motorhome can be found on our website* excluding any insurance loading, extra charges may be incurred if the driver to be insured has a traffic conviction, holds a driving licence from a non-EU country or is in an occupation which is deemed high risk. These charges will be passed onto the customer. ** Easicampervan hire will supply full breakdown cover within the UK to cover any mechanical faults to the base chassis of the vehicle. Any call out charges necessitated by the client through operator error, e. g. a flat vehicle battery etc will be the responsibility of the client.
4. HIRER AGE AND DRIVING LICENCE CREDENTIALS
The hirer must accept the below age and licence credentials:
4a HIRER / DRIVER AGE LIMITS
– Driver(s) must be aged over 30 years to 70 years for rental of a VW California campervan & Ford Zefiro Motorhome.
4b HIRER / DRIVER LICENCE
– Driver(s) must hold a valid full driving licence for at least 24 months.
– All drivers must be present for collection of the motorhome. No exceptions can be made.
– Driver(s) must provide two separate forms of identification, including valid photographic identification on collection of vehicle otherwise hire will be invalidated i. e. : valid passport and driving licence.
– If you have a GB driving licence, we require you to log in to the DVLA website and check the counterpart of your driving licence. We are unable to insure you if we are not able to login and check your driving licence details.
– If you have a Northern Ireland driving licence, we require both the photocard and the paper counterpart.
– You must declare at the time of booking if there are any endorsements on your driving licence. Easicampervan hire may not be able to provide cover for some endorsements. Charges may apply for penalty points. We cannot hire to drivers who have more than 6 penalty points. Failure to declare an accident or driving conviction invalidates insurance.
– Drivers holding only an automatic driving licence are only permitted to drive our campervans.
– Should any driver fail to present all of the correct documentation and identification on collection of the vehicle or the documentation does not meet the driver requirements set out in the terms and conditions, then Easicampervan hire will be unable to release the vehicle. No refunds will be given.
Fully comprehensive insurance is provided by Easicampervan Hire through our insurers to the driver(s) named on the rental agreement. The vehicle is insured for damage to the vehicle and the property of a third party but does not include any personal insurance for the customer including death or bodily injury to the driver nor does it cover any personal possessions. The hire rate quoted includes a standard excess outlined in section 6. Only persons named on the Rental Agreement are insured to drive the vehicle.
5a. ADDITIONAL INSURANCE CHARGES
– Insurance for an additional driver is charged additionally per day.
– Additional insurance charges may apply if the hirer has an occupation that is deemed to be high risk.
– Additional insurance charges may apply if the hirer holds a non-EU driving licence.
– The theft of an Easicampervan vehicle will not be covered by insurance if the ignition keys are left in, on the vehicle, or in an unsecure place whilst the vehicle is unoccupied and the hirer shall be held fully responsible for a replacement vehicle.
– Please note that no insurance is offered for damage to the roof/overhead cab of any vehicle and any damage is deemed as gross negligence. Therefore, the hirer accepts full liability for these which is in addition to the standard excess of the vehicle should that apply. -The security deposit or any reduction of the security deposit does not cover any damage to the overhead luton area or underside of the easicampervan vehicle. Should any damage occur the hirer agrees to pay a fixed charge of £2000 plus the security deposit.
– Windscreen, mirrors and/or tyre damage is not covered by the standard vehicle insurance, however, additional coverage can be purchased & this is outlined in section 6. No other hire insurance is acceptable for the rental of an Easicampervan vehicle, unless agreed in advance prior to rental commencing by Easicampervan hire.
6. SECURITY DEPOSIT
Due to the extensive damage being done to motorhomes the following steps are to be taken:
1) A Deposit of £2000 must be taken before any motorhome hire commences
2) The deposit must be on the main hirers credit card/ debit card
3) The deposit can be reduced to £1000 and £500 for additional costs per day (please call for prices)For all hires under 10 days a pre- authorisation will be taken for the deposit. For all hires above 10 the deposit will be debited and refunded upon return subject to the motorhome being returned to the required satisfactory standard.
1) A deposit of £1300 must be taken before any campervan hire commences
2) The Deposit must be on the main hirers credit card/ debit card
3) The deposit can be reduced to £500 and £225 for additional costs per day (please call for prices)
For all hires under 10 days a pre- authorisation will be taken for the deposit. For all hires above 10 the deposit will be debited and refunded upon return subject to the motorhome being returned to the required satisfactory standard. Amounts will be pre-authorised / debited from your card account immediately and is fully refundable within 28 days of return of the vehicle provided there are no outstanding insurance claims/incidents or damages on the following conditions:-The security deposit will be used to cover the insurance excess in the event of any incident/accident/damage. -In the event of an accident the hire period will cease, a replacement vehicle will not be provided. Nor will we issue a refund for remaining hire as the vehicle will be off the road whilst being repaired.-In the event of an insurance claim/incident regardless of fault the security deposit will be retained until the insurers have settled the claim. Note this can be a lengthy process and is completely out of Easicampervan hires control. -Security Deposits are authorised/debited in British pounds GBP. Easicampers are not responsible for any fluctuations in exchange rates or bank charges imposed by your card provider or bank which my effect the total amount deducted. -The security deposit or any reduction of the security deposit does not cover any damage to the overhead luton area or underside of the Easicampervan vehicle. Should any damage occur the hirer agrees to pay a fixed charge of £2000 plus the security deposit. -Any contamination of the water tanks is not covered under any insurance or security deposit
– This security deposit will be used to fund any loss or damage what so ever to equipment, fixtures, fittings, windows, cleaning fees, tyres or negligent damage to the vehicle
– Any damages/charges will be notified to the hirer by e-mail or phone call within 28 days of the vehicles return. In the unlikely event that Penalty charge notices, speeding fines or other road traffic offences should take longer than 28 days to reach Easicampervan hire, the hirer agrees to pay the charges & any administration fees applied to these charges.
– The security deposit will be used to fund any cleaning fees, the damage administration fee, road traffic violation administration fees.
– The hirer agrees to pay Easicampervan hire any additional costs over and above the security deposit value should damages exceed the security deposit value within 28 days of your hire. The hirer irrevocably authorises Easicampervan hire to deduct from the security deposit or credit/debit card provided any amounts due to Easicampervan hire arising out of this agreement.
– A £50 administration fee will be applied against any loss or damage to your vehicle or any item contained within.
– A £55 administration fee will be applied against any road traffic offences, penalty charge notices or speeding fines.
– The security deposit does not cover cost for replacement or repair of aerials, glass, wheels, roof, underside of vehicle, windscreen, wing mirror, wheel, alloys, tyre damage or incorrect refuelling (e.g. putting petrol into diesel tank) for which the hirer is responsible.
– We reserve the right to increase the security deposit for specific events e.g. festivals or rallies. A Cleaning charge of £150 will be levied if vehicle is brought back with the interior not in a clean condition. The interior condition must be the same as on collection. An additional fee of £100 will be charged against the deposit if the toilet and waste tank are not emptied prior to the return of the vehicle. Please note, there are no toilet cleaning facilities at any of Easicampervan hire depots so toilets and waste tanks must be cleaned prior to returning the campervan.
7. COLLISION DAMAGE WAIVER (CDW)
The COLLISION DAMAGE WAIVER (CDW) is the standard insurance charge for the vehicle with an insurance excess as standard of £2000 for Motorhomes & £1300 for VW Campervans. CDW cannot be offered to drivers above 70 unless agreed with our insurance prior to your hire.
8. HIRE-ABLE EXTRAS
Other hire-able extras available for the duration of hirers’ stay in an Easicampervan vehicle include:
Towel & Bedding (duvet, pillow, covers)
Outdoor Table (included with models: VW California and VW Grand California)
Outdoor Chairs (included with models: VW California and VW Grand California)
Satellite Navigation / GPS (included with model: VW Grand California)
Full Gas Bottles
Kitchen pack – Microwave, kettle & toaster
European Cover (must be booked minimum 2 weeks before hire commences)
All extras are payable at the depot and paid before commencement of hirer. Please contact Easicampervan hire for prices.
9. FUEL & GAS LEVELS
1 gas canister will be supplied with the vehicle at commencement of hire. The cylinder will not be full and will only have what is left over from the previous hire. Full gas canisters can be purchased at the time of booking or before collection, see website for price. Any additional gas purchased throughout the hire is at the hirers cost. Easicampers will not refund for unused gas upon return.
9a. COLLECTION AND RETURN
Collection and return of the Easicampervan vehicle is to the agreed location specified at time of booking as set out under ‘hire period’ in the rental agreement. Locations for collection / return:
– Preston City Centre
– Blackburn City Centre
– Wigan City Centre
– Liverpool Airport
– Manchester Airport
One way and relocation fees apply. Correct charges will be discussed at the time of hire. Other collection/return location requests will be considered on request, charges may apply.
Collection – Collections are strictly between 14:00pm – 17:00pm. Please allow 1 Hour to complete the documentation, collection of deposit & demonstration of the vehicle. All drivers must be present on collection of the motorhome and must present their full valid driving licence, address verification (UK residents only) passport and credit/debit card for the security deposit. Photocopies will not be accepted.
Return – Returns are strictly between 8:00AM – 10:00AM. Please allow up to 1 hour to complete check in inspection & documentation. There are no refunds for early returns. Charges apply for late returns. Vehicles must be returned undamaged, with the level of fuel as agreed when the vehicle was received, with an empty toilet cassette, a clean interior and in the same condition as they left the depot. Charges will apply if the vehicle is returned with additional damage, unclean or if the toilet cassette is not empty. Late Return – Easicampervan hire must be notified immediately to prevent any prosecution for driver(s) driving whilst uninsured. Late returns will be charged at one day’s rental cost regardless of circumstances. An out of hour’s collection and return service is subject to availability outside our depot opening hours between 08. 00am-18. 00pm. Please contact us on email@example.com for information on pricing for out of hours. There is not out of hour’s service available on Sundays or bank holidays.
10. CANCELLATION BY EASICAMPERVAN HIRE
Easicampervan hire makes every effort to have your vehicle ready for collection at the time requested. However, during busy periods there may be delays which are out of Easicampervan hires control. Should this be the case no refunds will be issued or no extensions will be made as the Easicampervan will be required to be returned at the time and dates as recorded and in accordance with the details on the rental contract. Easicamprevan hire reserve the right to cancel a reservation before or at the proposed commencement of hire as follows:
– If Named Driving Licence is not produced or valid in accordance with stated conditions.
– Hirer fails to provide funds for security deposit payment (standard excess) by credit card or debit card at the point of collection.
– The address on driving licence does not match billing address. Additional proof of id is required
– Hirer does not provide a valid passport or driving licence as proof of ID.
– Due to operational issues affecting rental fleet.
– Hirer is in breach of any term in this agreement.
– The hirer obtained the vehicle through fraud or misrepresentation.
– If any statement, representation or warranty made by the hirer in respect to himself or additional drivers is incorrect.
– The vehicle appears to be abandoned.
– The vehicle is not returned at the agreed date or Easicampervan hire reasonably believes the vehicle will not be returned on the agreed return date.
– Easicampervan Hire considers on reasonable ground that the safety of passengers or the vehicle is in danger. The hirer understands that in the event of such termination or repossession that the hirer has no right to a refund or any part of the rental charges or the security deposit.
– Easicampervan hires liability is limited to the refunds of all monies paid by the hirer. No compensation is available for additional arrangements booked by hirer (e.g. flights,concert tickets).
– Easicampervan Hire reserve the right to amend our cancellation policy for certain events. Easicampervan hire reserve the right to refuse to hire to any person, without stating cause.
10a. CANCELLATION BY HIRER
In the event of a cancellation by the hirer the following charges shall be incurred:
– 2 weeks prior to rental to no show: 100% of total hire charge.
– 6 weeks to 2 weeks prior to rental: 50% of total hire charge.
– More than 6 weeks prior to rental: Deposit paid will be lost.
Credit card and debit card charges are non-refundable. Administration fee of £45 will be charged on the processing of any refund. Customers are advised to check their own travel insurance policy in the event of a cancellation by the hirer.
10b. RIGHT TO CHANGE OF VEHICLE
Every effort will be made by Easicampervan hire to ensure you receive the vehicle type ordered. However, Easicampervan hire reserves the right to change your vehicle type in the event of an operational issue. A full refund will be offered if the alternative vehicle is not acceptable and the hirer chooses to cancel the rental. No other refund will be available. The hirer is not liable for any increased rental charges from the substitute vehicle. The hirer is liable for any additional running costs pertaining to the substitute vehicle.
11. VEHICLE HANDOVER
Easicampervan hire makes every effort to have your vehicle ready for collection at the time requested. However, during busy periods there may be delays which are out of Easicampervan hires control. Should this be the case no refunds will be issued or no extensions will be made as the Easicampervan will be required to be returned at the time and dates as recorded and in accordance with the details on the rental contract Easicampervan Hire will carry out a full pre-rental inspection of every vehicle before the commencement of hire. The inspection involves testing every system on board the motorhome or campervan to ensure they are operating correctly. At collection, the hirer will be demonstrated the vehicle and shown how each system works. Should an onboard system fail during the hire, Easicampervan Hire will make every effort to remedy the fault whilst you are out on rental but in some circumstances, this may not be possible. Easicampervan hire cannot be held responsible and will not refund any monies should a loss of service be encountered nor have any obligation to provide a replacement vehicle. In the case of winter hire, Easicampervan hire cannot be held responsible in the event of any damage or inconveniences caused by freezing conditions. This is the responsibility of the hirer.
12. USE OF THE VEHICLE
During the rental period, the hirer agrees that the vehicle will not be:
– Driven other than in a cautious, prudent and normal manner or used in a manner which could cause damag.
– Driven in a prohibited area.
– Driven by a person under the influence of alcohol or drugs or with a blood alcohol level in excess of that permitted by law.
– Driven by a person who is unauthorised to drive the vehicle as set out under the heading ‘Driver details’ of the Easicampervan hire Rental Agreement.
– Used to carry more persons in accordance with the provision of seatbelts in the vehicle.
– Left with the ignition key in or on the vehicle while it is unoccupied (invalidates insurance).
– Damaged by submersion in water or in contact with salt water.
– Used for any illegal purpose for any race, rally or contest.
– Used to tow any vehicle or trailer.
– Used to carry passengers or property for hire or reward.
– Used to carry volatile liquids, gases, explosives or other corrosive or inflammable material.
– Driven on any road surfaces other than sealed/bitumen roads. Some roads & passes have height, weight & width restrictions, it is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure the vehicle is permitted on the routes chosen. Failure to check these details could invalidate any insurance.
– I understand that Easicampervan hire reserves the right at any time, at its sole discretion, to restrict vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions or any other reasonable cause.
– Smoking is not permitted in any Easicampervan vehicles. Easicampervan hire reserves the right to impose additional cleaning charges should smoke be detected in the vehicle.
– Animals are not permitted in any Easicampervan hire vehicle unless agreed with Easicampervan hire and an additional premium been paid.
13. OVERSEAS TRAVEL
Overseas travel in our rental vehicles is not permitted.
14. BREAKDOWN AND VEHICLE MAINTENANCE
The hirer will take all reasonable steps to properly maintain the vehicle on hire including checking oil and coolant levels, tyre pressures and batteries. The hirer acknowledges that Easicampervan hire will reimburse me for expenditure up to £50 reasonably incurred in rectifying a mechanical failure not deemed to be driver fault. Valid receipts must be provided for reimbursement. The hirer will be liable for any costs associated with the incorrect use of fuel. All Easicampervan vehicles run on diesel. 24-hour Roadside Assistance is provided under the hire contract for all UK hires. It is the responsibility of the hirer to arrange their own European Breakdown cover. The hirer must receive authority before instructing repairs to any of the Easicampervan hire vehicles. Easicampervan hire Head Office must be notified by telephone for any repairs relating to an Easicampervan hire vehicle.
15. RESPONSIBILITY WHEN AN ACCIDENT OCCURS
In the event of any accident, loss or damage arising out of the use of an Easicampervan vehicle including damage to a third-party vehicle, the hirer will:
– Notify Easicampervan hire within 12 hours of the event
– Obtain the names and address of third parties and any witnesses and report the event to the nearest police station
– Complete the incident reporting form supplied by Easicampervan hire
– Assist Easicampervan in handling any claim arising from the event
– Acknowledge that the excess or other amount due in respect of any damage arising from an accident, loss or damage is payable at the time of reporting the event and not at the completion of the rental period, regardless of which party is at fault.
– Accept that no security deposit/excess will be refunded until the claim is settled.
16. FINES / TOLLS / CONGESTION CHARGES
Driver(s) are personally liable for all legal penalties and fees pertaining to any traffic violation infringements under the current Road Traffic Legislation applicable in the United Kingdom including Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. Driver(s) are personally liable for any parking fines, private parking fines, tolls & congestion charges they incur during the hire period & allow Easicampervan hire to debit any credit/debit card details provided at the time of hire and charges arising out of any such event. Easicampervan Hire will contact the customer after the rental agreement finishes if any traffic violation infringements are presented to Easicampervan hire for your hire period. The driver(s) will be liable for any penalties and fees pertaining to any traffic violation that has been incurred during their hire period. EASICAMPERVAN HIRE will notify the driver(s) of any speeding or parking fines and an administration charge of £55 for each infringement incurred throughout the hire period.
17. CONDITIONS OF HIRE
The company’s rental agreement is the sole contract for hiring the vehicle between Easicampervan hire and the hirer(s), driver(s) and/or passenger(s).
– The company takes no responsibility for any delay, loss, damage or injury that a hirer might experience no matter how it is caused or by whom.
– No refunds are payable on accommodation or Easicampervan hire if they are not available where a hirer or passenger changes or cancels or seeks to vary agreements after collection.
– These conditions cannot be varied or altered or waived by any employee or representative of Easicampervan hire or by anyone providing services or facilities.
– The company cannot be bound by any representative or statement unless it is confirmed in writing by Easicampervan hires management.
Easicampervan hire are contactable on 0044 (0) 1942 821080 throughout the rental period. All faults, damage or complaints must be reported immediately on this number or at the latest on return of the vehicle. If a complaint is not satisfactorily resolved upon return, the hirer must inform Easicampervan hire in writing within 10 working days.