Shropshire is a picturesque county in England, known for its stunning countryside, charming towns, and rich history. Exploring Shropshire in a Easicamper,s camper van allows you the flexibility to immerse yourself in the natural beauty and visit the various attractions at your own pace.
See below for some places of interest you could visit whilst in an Easicamper’s vehicle
- Shrewsbury: Start your Shropshire adventure in the county town of Shrewsbury. This historic market town is known for its medieval architecture, charming streets, and the River Severn winding through its center. Visit Shrewsbury Castle, explore the beautiful Quarry Park, and take a stroll along the picturesque riverside.
- Ironbridge Gorge: A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Ironbridge Gorge is a must-visit destination in Shropshire. It is known as the birthplace of the Industrial Revolution and is home to the famous Iron Bridge, the world’s first cast-iron bridge. Explore the museums in the area, such as the Ironbridge Gorge Museum and Blists Hill Victorian Town, which offer insights into the region’s industrial past.
- Ludlow: Make your way to Ludlow, a delightful market town renowned for its food and drink. The town is home to a magnificent medieval castle, charming streets lined with timber-framed buildings, and a bustling market. Enjoy exploring the castle grounds, sampling local produce at the markets, and dining at one of the town’s many excellent restaurants.
- Long Mynd: Nature lovers will enjoy a visit to Long Mynd, a stunning area of heathland and moorland in the Shropshire Hills. Park your camper van and set off on one of the many walking trails, taking in panoramic views of the surrounding countryside. Look out for wildlife such as ponies and birds as you explore this Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- Stokesay Castle: Visit Stokesay Castle, a fortified manor house dating back to the 13th century. This well-preserved medieval castle offers a glimpse into the life and architecture of the period. Wander through the Great Hall, admire the timber-framed buildings, and explore the beautiful gardens surrounding the castle.
- The Wrekin: For panoramic views of Shropshire, head to The Wrekin, a prominent hill and popular walking destination. Park your camper van at the base and embark on the hike to the summit, where you’ll be rewarded with breathtaking vistas of the surrounding countryside.
- Offa’s Dyke Path: If you enjoy hiking and outdoor activities, consider tackling a section of the Offa’s Dyke Path. This long-distance footpath follows the ancient earthwork that once marked the boundary between England and Wales. Choose a section that suits your abilities and enjoy the scenic landscapes and historic sites along the way.
- Charming Villages: Shropshire is dotted with charming villages that are worth exploring in your camper van. Some notable examples include Church Stretton, Much Wenlock, and Clun. These villages offer a glimpse of traditional English countryside life with their quaint streets, traditional pubs, and picturesque surroundings.
Remember to check for campervan-friendly campsites or designated parking areas in each location. Shropshire offers a range of campsites and caravan parks where you can park your camper van overnight and enjoy the tranquil surroundings.
With its stunning landscapes, historic sites, and charming towns, Shropshire provides a perfect destination for exploring in a camper van. Embrace the freedom of the open road, take in the beauty of the countryside, and immerse yourself in the rich history and culture of this enchanting county.
For more details on motorhome and camper hire in the West Midlands
Phone us on 0044 (0)1902 491449
Email us email@example.com
Visit our dedicated website https://easicampervanhire.com/motorhome-hire-birmingham-airport/