Planning a motorhome-friendly tour in an Easicampers vehicle around Cornwall and Devon can be a fantastic adventure. These regions in the UK offer stunning landscapes, historic sites, and charming villages to explore. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you plan your motorhome tour:
1. Set Your Itinerary:
- Decide on the duration of your trip. A week or two should be sufficient to explore both Cornwall and Devon.
- Determine the main places you want to visit. Some popular destinations include St. Ives, Penzance, Falmouth, Newquay, Tintagel, Padstow, Plymouth, Exeter, Dartmoor National Park, and the Jurassic Coast.
2. Check Motorhome-Friendly Campsites:
- Research and make a list of motorhome-friendly campsites in Cornwall and Devon. Look for sites that offer the facilities and amenities you need.
- Consider using websites and apps like Pitchup, Cool Camping, or The Camping and Caravanning Club’s website to find suitable campsites.
- Make reservations in advance, especially during peak tourist seasons.
3. Plan Your Route:
- Use a map or GPS navigation to plan your route. Consider scenic routes and detours to explore hidden gems along the way.
- Make note of petrol stations, supermarkets, and essential services on your route.
- Be aware of any road restrictions for larger vehicles, and plan accordingly.
4. Packing and Essentials:
- Pack essentials for your motorhome trip, such as bedding, cookware, toiletries, and clothing for varying weather conditions.
- Don’t forget your motorhome’s documentation, including insurance, registration, and any required permits.
5. Sightseeing and Activities:
- Research local attractions, activities, and landmarks you want to visit in each location. Cornwall and Devon offer a wide range of options, from historic sites to natural wonders.
- Check the opening hours and any COVID-19 restrictions for attractions.
- Create a budget for your trip, including fuel, campsite fees, food, and activities.
- Consider purchasing a tourist pass, if available, for discounts on multiple attractions.
7. Safety and Regulations:
- Familiarize yourself with motorhome driving regulations in the UK, including speed limits and parking restrictions.
- Make sure your motorhome is in good working condition before starting the trip.
8. Dining Options:
- While you can cook in your motorhome, also plan to enjoy local cuisine at restaurants and pubs along the way. Cornwall and Devon are known for their seafood and traditional dishes.
- Ensure you have a reliable means of communication, as some rural areas may have limited mobile signal.
10. Enjoy the Journey:
- Don’t rush through your tour. Take your time to soak in the stunning scenery and local culture.
- Be respectful of the environment and follow Leave No Trace principles.
Remember that Cornwall and Devon can be busy during the summer months, so it’s a good idea to plan and book well in advance. Also, be flexible with your itinerary in case you discover new places to explore along the way. Enjoy your motorhome adventure in Cornwall and Devon!
For details on the vehicle we have on fleet contact the Easicampers team
Phone us on 01942 778899 or use or Whatsapp number 07907 849263
Email the team on firstname.lastname@example.org