We have some great vehicles to hire here at Easicampers, we have motorhomes from 2 berth right up to a 6 berth so we have something to cover every families needs. We have vehicles available to hire over the winter period, and what better way to travel around beautiful Cumbria, we have some great ideas for travelling around and where to visit.
Cumbria, located in North West England, is a stunning county known for its natural beauty, charming towns, and outdoor activities. Traveling in a motorhome is a great way to explore the region at your own pace. Here’s a list of places to visit in Cumbria:
- Lake District National Park:
- Windermere: Explore the largest natural lake in England, go boating, or visit the World of Beatrix Potter attraction.
- Keswick: A charming market town with easy access to hiking and outdoor adventures.
- Ambleside: A picturesque town with shops, restaurants, and access to scenic walks.
- Hadrian’s Wall:
- Visit this UNESCO World Heritage Site, which marks the northern boundary of the Roman Empire in Britain. There are various forts and museums along the wall’s route.
- Enjoy the serene beauty of Ullswater, the second largest lake in the Lake District. Go kayaking, hiking, or take a scenic boat ride.
- Scafell Pike:
- Hike to the highest peak in England for breathtaking views. It’s a challenging but rewarding adventure.
- Beatrix Potter’s Hill Top:
- Visit the former home of beloved author Beatrix Potter and explore the beautiful gardens and landscapes that inspired her stories.
- Discover the quaint village of Grasmere, home to William Wordsworth’s Dove Cottage and the famous Grasmere Gingerbread shop.
- Explore the historic city of Carlisle, with its impressive cathedral and castle. Don’t miss the Tullie House Museum and Art Gallery.
- Coniston Water:
- Enjoy water activities and scenic walks around Coniston Water. You can also visit the Ruskin Museum in Coniston village.
- Explore the “Gateway to the Lakes” and visit Kendal Castle, Kendal Museum, and the charming Kendal Mint Cake factory.
- Castlerigg Stone Circle:
- Marvel at this prehistoric stone circle, one of the oldest in the UK, set against the backdrop of the Lake District’s fells.
- Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway:
- Take a scenic steam train ride through the Eskdale Valley, also known as “La’al Ratty,” which is a narrow-gauge railway.
- Solway Coast:
- Enjoy coastal walks, birdwatching, and the stunning sunsets along the Solway Firth.
- Visit the charming village of Cartmel, known for its medieval priory and the famous Cartmel Sticky Toffee Pudding.
- South Lakes Safari Zoo:
- If you’re traveling with family, this zoo near Dalton-in-Furness offers a chance to see a variety of animals up close.
- Muncaster Castle:
- Explore the historic Muncaster Castle, known for its beautiful gardens and the World Owl Trust, which is also located on the estate.
Remember to check the availability of motorhome-friendly campsites and facilities in advance, especially during peak tourist seasons. Enjoy your motorhome adventure in Cumbria!
Get in touch on 01942 778899 so that we can check availability & prices for you.