Looking for your next adventure with us at Easicampers Preston? Why not take a look at a route we have planned below and get some inspiration for your holiday in Wales.
Traveling around Wales in a motorhome or campervan from Easicampers can be an amazing adventure, with stunning landscapes, historic sites, and charming villages to explore. Here’s a suggested route that will take you on a scenic journey around Wales, covering some of the must-visit destinations:
- Begin your journey in the capital city of Wales, Cardiff.
- Explore Cardiff Castle, the National Museum, and the Cardiff Bay area.
- Stock up on supplies and fuel for your motorhome.
- Brecon Beacons National Park:
- Head north to the Brecon Beacons National Park.
- Enjoy hiking, biking, and the breathtaking views.
- Consider visiting the town of Brecon for its market and historic cathedral.
- Drive west to the coastal town of Aberystwyth.
- Explore the seaside promenade, take a ride on the Vale of Rheidol Railway, and visit the National Library of Wales.
- Snowdonia National Park:
- Continue north to Snowdonia National Park.
- Hike or take the Snowdon Mountain Railway to the summit of Mount Snowdon, the highest peak in Wales.
- Explore picturesque villages like Betws-y-Coed.
- Head northeast to the town of Conwy.
- Explore Conwy Castle, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and walk along its medieval walls.
- Visit the picturesque Conwy Quay.
- Cross the Menai Suspension Bridge to the Isle of Anglesey.
- Explore the Anglesey Coastal Path, the historic town of Beaumaris, and the ancient site of Bryn Celli Ddu.
- Drive along the North Wales coast to Llandudno.
- Enjoy the Victorian promenade, Great Orme, and take a tram ride to the summit.
- Pembrokeshire Coast National Park:
- Head south to Pembrokeshire Coast National Park.
- Explore the stunning coastline, walk the Pembrokeshire Coast Path, and visit St. David’s Cathedral.
- Swansea and the Gower Peninsula:
- Drive southeast to Swansea and the Gower Peninsula.
- Enjoy the beautiful beaches, such as Rhossili Bay, and visit the Dylan Thomas Birthplace.
- Bristol Channel:
- Continue east along the coastline and enjoy the views of the Bristol Channel.
- Explore charming coastal towns like Tenby and Saundersfoot.
- Carmarthen and the Brecon Beacons (again):
- Head back towards Carmarthen and then northeast towards the Brecon Beacons.
- Explore more of the national park or discover lesser-known spots.
- End: Cardiff (again):
- Return to Cardiff to conclude your journey.
- Reflect on your adventure and perhaps visit any places you missed at the beginning.
This route offers a mix of natural beauty, historical sites, coastal towns, and outdoor activities, allowing you to experience the best of Wales in a motorhome. Be sure to check for any road closures or travel restrictions before you go, and take your time to fully enjoy each destination along the way.
For your quotes and availability, get in touch with Easicampers Preston on 01772 886888.