If you’re planning to explore Wiltshire and Hampshire in a VW California campervan from Easicampers at Heathrow, there are several highlights and attractions you can consider visiting in both counties. Here are some suggestions:
Wiltshire:Stonehenge: Located near Salisbury, Stonehenge is an iconic prehistoric monument and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Salisbury Cathedral: Visit this magnificent medieval cathedral, known for its stunning architecture and the tallest church spire in the United Kingdom.
Avebury: Explore the Avebury Stone Circle, one of the largest stone circles in Europe, and the nearby Avebury Manor and Gardens.
Longleat Safari Park: Enjoy a safari experience and explore the stately home and grounds of Longleat, which also offers various attractions like a maze and a jungle cruise.
Lacock Abbey: Visit this picturesque village and explore the medieval Lacock Abbey, known for its beautiful architecture and as a filming location for movies like “Harry Potter. https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/visit/wiltshire/lacock
- Winchester: Discover the historic city of Winchester, home to Winchester Cathedral, the Great Hall (housing King Arthur’s Round Table), and the beautiful Water Meadows.
- New Forest National Park: Explore the enchanting woodlands, heathlands, and picturesque villages of the New Forest, perfect for outdoor activities like hiking, cycling, and wildlife spotting.
- Portsmouth Historic Dockyard: Visit the historic dockyard, which houses famous attractions like HMS Victory, the Mary Rose Museum, and the National Museum of the Royal Navy.
- Jane Austen’s House Museum: Step back in time at the former home of renowned author Jane Austen, located in Chawton, and learn about her life and works.
- Beaulieu: Discover the Beaulieu Estate, home to the National Motor Museum, the Palace House, and the tranquil Beaulieu Abbey. https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/
These are just a few highlights, and there’s much more to explore in both Wiltshire and Hampshire. With a VW California campervan, you’ll have the flexibility to travel at your own pace and discover the scenic countryside and charming towns these counties have to offer.
Here are some campsites in Wiltshire and Hampshire that are located near a beach:
- Cheddar Bridge Touring Park (Wiltshire) – While not directly on the coast, this campsite in Cheddar, Somerset, is within driving distance of several beaches, including Weston-super-Mare and Burnham-on-Sea.
- Red Shoot Camping Park (Hampshire) – Situated in the New Forest, this campsite is about a 30-minute drive from the coastal towns of Christchurch and Bournemouth.
- Green Hill Farm Caravan and Camping Park (Wiltshire) – Located near Salisbury, this campsite provides easy access to the beaches of the Jurassic Coast, including the popular destinations of Weymouth and Swanage.
- Hollands Wood Campsite (Hampshire) – Another campsite in the New Forest, Hollands Wood is around a 30-minute drive from the coast, with nearby options such as Milford-on-Sea and Lymington.
- Stonehenge Touring Park (Wiltshire) – Situated close to the iconic Stonehenge, this campsite offers convenient access to the coastal areas of Dorset, including the charming town of Lyme Regis.
- Hayling Island Holiday Park (Hampshire) – Located on Hayling Island, this holiday park provides direct access to the island’s beaches, which are ideal for water sports and leisurely walks.
Please note that availability and amenities may vary, so it’s recommended to check with each campsite directly for up-to-date information and to make reservations in advance.
For more details on upcoming opening of our London Heathrow branch contact u son 01942 778899
Email us firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com