Exploring the British countryside in winter is a delightful experience in an Easicampers motorhome. Here are some suggestions to make the most of the winter:
The Cotswolds, England:
- Bourton-on-the-Water: Often referred to as the Venice of the Cotswolds, this village looks picturesque with its low bridges and stone houses covered in snow.
- Broadway: Wander through the charming high street lined with honey-colored cottages.
- Hiking Trails: Explore the Cotswold Way or take a winter walk in Batsford Arboretum.
Lake District, England:
- Ambleside: Nestled by Lake Windermere, Ambleside offers a perfect base for exploring the Lakes in winter.
- Grasmere: Enjoy the tranquility of Grasmere and visit the Wordsworth gravesite in the churchyard.
- Tarn Hows: A circular walk around Tarn Hows provides stunning winter views of the surrounding mountains.
Scottish Highlands, Scotland:
- Glencoe: The dramatic landscapes of Glencoe are even more breathtaking in winter, with snow-capped peaks and frozen lochs.
- Aviemore: A gateway to the Cairngorms, offering winter sports and the chance to spot reindeer in the Cairngorm Reindeer Centre.
- Ben Nevis: While climbing the UK’s highest peak in winter requires skill and preparation, the views are unparalleled.
Peak District, England:
- Castleton: Visit the charming village and explore the caverns, like Blue John Cavern and Speedwell Cavern.
- Mam Tor: Known as the Shivering Mountain, Mam Tor offers panoramic views of the surrounding hills.
- Dovedale: The limestone gorge looks magical in winter, especially with the stepping stones across the river.
- Betws-y-Coed: Surrounded by dense woodlands and waterfalls, this village is a gateway to Snowdonia.
- Snowdon: While a winter climb requires experience, the lower slopes offer beautiful walks.
- Ffestiniog Railway: Take a scenic train ride through the snow-covered landscapes.
Dartmoor National Park, England:
- Widecombe-in-the-Moor: Explore the charming village and visit the medieval church.
- Haytor: The granite rock formation looks striking against a winter sky.
- Two Bridges: A picturesque spot on the East Dart River, offering serene winter views.
Yorkshire Dales, England:
- Malham: Visit Malham Cove and Gordale Scar, which take on a different charm in winter.
- Hawes: A market town with a winter-friendly atmosphere, known for its cheese.
- Wharfedale: The valley offers scenic walks, and the picturesque village of Grassington is a must-visit.
Remember to check weather conditions, dress warmly, and enjoy the tranquillity and beauty of the British countryside in winter!
For more details on winter motorhome hire from our Preston depot
Phone us on 01772 886888
Email us at email@example.com