Traveling around the Lake District in a campervan from Easicampers during the winter can be a magical experience, with its snow-covered landscapes and cozy villages. Here’s a sample itinerary for a winter campervan trip in the Lake District:
Day 1: Arrival in the Lake District
- Pick up your campervan rental from Easicampers Wigan.
- Drive to a campsite near Windermere, such as the Low Wray National Trust Campsite.
- Set up your campervan and settle in for the night.
Day 2: Explore Windermere and Bowness-on-Windermere
- After breakfast, head to Windermere village to explore the town and enjoy some winter shopping.
- Drive to Bowness-on-Windermere and take a stroll along the shores of Lake Windermere.
- Visit the World of Beatrix Potter Attraction or the Windermere Jetty Museum.
- Return to your campsite for a cozy evening in your campervan.
Day 3: Ambleside and Rydal Water
- Drive to Ambleside and explore the charming village.
- Visit the Armitt Museum and Gallery to learn about the Lake District’s cultural history.
- Hike to Rydal Water and explore Rydal Cave. Winter walks can be enchanting with snow-covered paths.
- Return to your campervan for a warm dinner and relaxing evening.
Day 4: Grasmere and Wordsworth’s Cottage
- Drive to Grasmere, home to the famous poet William Wordsworth.
- Visit Dove Cottage, where Wordsworth lived, and explore the Wordsworth Museum.
- Enjoy a winter walk around Grasmere Lake.
- Spend the night at a campsite near Grasmere, like the Sykeside Camping Park.
Day 5: Keswick and Derwentwater
- Head to Keswick, a charming town located in the northern part of the Lake District.
- Visit the Keswick Museum and Art Gallery.
- Drive to Derwentwater and enjoy a scenic walk along the lake’s shore or take a winter boat tour.
- Camp at a nearby campsite, such as Castlerigg Hall Camping and Caravan Park.
Day 6: Buttermere and Honister Pass
- Drive to Buttermere, a picturesque lake surrounded by mountains.
- Enjoy a peaceful winter walk around the lake or explore the village.
- Continue to Honister Pass and visit the Honister Slate Mine for a unique underground tour.
- Camp at a campsite in the vicinity, such as Syke Farm Campsite.
Day 7: Ullswater and Departure
- Drive to Ullswater, the second-largest lake in the Lake District.
- Take a winter walk along the Ullswater Way or visit the Ullswater Steamers for a scenic boat ride.
- In the afternoon, begin your journey back to the campervan rental location.
- Return the campervan and conclude your Lake District winter adventure.
Please note that winter weather conditions can vary, so it’s important to check weather forecasts and road conditions before each day’s travel. Additionally, make sure your campervan is equipped with proper winter gear and supplies, including warm clothing, a heating source, and winter tires, to ensure a safe and comfortable trip.
Get in touch on 01942 778899 so that we can provide you with a quote & availability for your hire.