A fly fishing trip in Ireland in an Easicampers motorhome from the new Dublin depot sounds like a wonderful adventure! Here are some tips to help make your trip a success:
- Research fishing spots:
Ireland is a beautiful country with many opportunities for fly fishing. Here are some of the top places to visit for fly fishing in Ireland:
- River Moy: Located in County Mayo, the River Moy is one of Ireland’s premier salmon fishing rivers. It offers excellent fishing for Atlantic salmon, with an average size of 8-10 pounds.
- Lough Corrib: Lough Corrib is the largest lake in the Republic of Ireland and is located in County Galway. It offers great opportunities for trout and salmon fishing.
- River Shannon: The River Shannon is the longest river in Ireland and is an excellent destination for both coarse and game fishing. It has a wide variety of fish species, including pike, trout, and salmon.
- River Suir: The River Suir is located in County Tipperary and offers some of the best brown trout fishing in Ireland. It is also home to some Atlantic salmon and sea trout.
- Lough Melvin: Lough Melvin is a freshwater lake located on the border between County Leitrim and County Fermanagh. It is home to a variety of fish species, including salmon, trout, and pike.
- River Blackwater: The River Blackwater is located in County Cork and is known for its salmon and sea trout fishing. It is also a great spot for brown trout and coarse fishing.
- River Drowes: The River Drowes is located in County Leitrim and is known for its excellent salmon and sea trout fishing. It is also a great spot for brown trout and coarse fishing.
These are just a few of the many places to visit for fly fishing in Ireland. There are plenty of other rivers, lakes, and streams to explore throughout the country.
- Check fishing regulations: Make sure you are familiar with the fishing regulations in Ireland before you go. There are restrictions on when, where, and how you can fish, and you will need a permit to fish in most areas.
- Pack the right gear: Make sure you bring all the gear you need for fly fishing, including rods, reels, lines, flies, waders, and boots. You may also want to bring a net, forceps, and other accessories. Don’t forget to bring warm and waterproof clothing, as the weather in Ireland can be unpredictable.
- Rent an Easicampers motorhome: Renting an Easicampers motorhome is a great way to explore Ireland and have the freedom to travel where you want. The motorhome will also provide you with comfortable accommodations during your trip.
- Plan your itinerary: Plan your itinerary in advance, so you know where you want to go and how long you want to stay at each location. Don’t forget to factor in travel time between fishing spots and allow some time for rest and relaxation.
- Explore the local culture: Ireland is a beautiful country with a rich culture and history. Take some time to explore the local towns and villages, sample the food and drink, and immerse yourself in the Irish way of life.
- Be prepared for the weather: Ireland’s weather can be unpredictable, so make sure you are prepared for all conditions. Bring warm and waterproof clothing, as well as sunscreen and insect repellent.
Overall, a fly fishing trip in Ireland in an Easicampers motorhome is a great way to experience the beauty and culture of Ireland while enjoying one of the country’s most popular outdoor activities.
For more details on campervan hire in Dublin contact the depot on 01942 778899
Visit our dedicated website https://easicampervanhire.com/motorhome-hire-dublin-airport/